Monday 12 January 2015

Christmas In The Cape

During the jolly season of Christmas my family and I did some road tripping down to Cape Town (basically the New York of South Africa). Although the drive is a long one, it’s not boring with the beautiful Karoo desert and little villages. I stayed at The Drostdy Hotel in Graaf-Reinet and it was absolutely ADORABLE. It looked like a whole town on its own. 






   







So seeing we were in Cape Town for a looooonnnnggggg time, I'll just have to put down my 3 favourite destinations from the trip :

  • World of Birds -

Somewhere in Hout Bay there is a bird sanctuary where hundreds of birds and other little animals live. My favourite thing to do is go in the open monkey pen where little squirrel monkeys come and sit on your lap and play with your shoes ! They are so cute as they walk all over your legs and sit on your head. This might not be everyone's cup of tea but I certainly enjoyed it !




  • Ratanga Junction - 
The fact that I have been here so many times and still enjoy it, is proof that this place is amazing. Opposite the great Canal Walk Shopping Centre, is the just as great Ratanga Junction. What is this you may ask ? ONLY THE BEST THEME PARK IN SOUTH AFRICA ! They have lots roller coasters like the terrifying Cobra, the wet Monkey Falls and the thrilling Bush Whacker ! It does get really busy and the lines are long but it's so worth it.







  • V & A Waterfront -


Seeing that our hotel was a 5 minute walk away from the Waterfront we went there practically everyday ! I absoulety love the atmosphere and all the people there. They have a Ferris Wheel that I went on a couple of times, you can see the whole harbour from the little cube room thingy. Another thing I went on was a helicopter, that they offer at the Waterfront. This was amazing as I've never been on one before and it's something I recommend to everyone. Looking over the hills, the sea and the winelands was incredible. The shopping mall has every shop I wanted to go to so there will defiantly be a Holiday Haul coming soon ! 








No comments:

Post a Comment